The Hotel Washington was built in 1924/25. It was located on Beach 124th Street and Rockaway Beach Blvd. (It became the Queen Esther in 1967). There were 31 guest rooms to rent and a hall/dining room that sat 250 people. The building still stands today and is owned by Congregation Mercazha, and is used as a boys’ dormitory for a religious school. This postcard traveled from RBNY to Butler County, KY in 1926.
Katie Lucev is the daughter of the late Rockaway Beach Historian, Emil R. Lucev, Sr. (1933-2018)