Back in the old days, it was called “Hammels Boulevard.” It was steadily improved and paved with Belgian blocks that laid flush with the grooved girder trolley tracks put in around 1916.
Beach 88th Street is on the right, and the borderline of Hammels on the west. The oval hanging sign (almost in center) is where Rivoli Movie House was located. Today’s postcard is an insert from the publication, “The Rockaways, A Postcard History Series,” by E. Lucev & Arcadia Publishing.
Katie Lucev is the daughter of the late Rockaway Beach Historian, Emil R. Lucev, Sr. (1933-2018).
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS