- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1½ pound chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- ½ tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato puree (or 2 tomatoes pureed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper and Old Bay Seasoning. Fry for 10 minutes until browned.
Slice the cabbage into thin strips, like you would for coleslaw.
(Puree the tomatoes in a small food processor if using tomatoes).
Add the puree, chicken stock, carrots and bay leaves. Season with a little more salt and pepper, if needed. Mix everything together. Reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes, until there is no liquid remaining.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS