- 1-1/2 -2 pounds (about 3 large potatoes), quartered
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 5-6 cloves, minced garlic
- 1-2 cups mixed vegetables (you can use frozen and microwave them first)
- 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, pepper and other seasonings as you like
- Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
Boil the potatoes and cook until fork tender. Mash with a masher or fork. Add four tablespoons of butter.
Melt remaining four tablespoons of butter in pan and sauté onions. When translucent, add the garlic. Then add the ground beef and mix until the pinkness is gone. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Mix through. Add the vegetables. Add the salt and pepper and any other seasonings you chose.
Once the mixture is cooked through, put in a greased pan. Top with the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with some cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees and cook until browned and bubbling, approximately 30 minutes. You can always broil the last few minutes to help the surface of the mashed potatoes brown.
** For a little more kick, add red pepper flakes.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS