- 4 boneless chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 8-10 small cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 6-8 baby Portobello mushrooms, quartered
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Coat salt, pepper and onion powder over the chicken.
- Heat pan and add oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant.
- Dredge chicken in flour with lemon zest. Cook 5-6 minutes until browned. Turn and brown other side approximately 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle fresh basil before turning. Add lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium (Chicken is done when temperature reaches 165 degrees). Add mushrooms. Toss all around.
- Arugula Salad
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Black olives
- 2 basil leaves, diced
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Mix thoroughly... Place equally on four plates. Put the chicken on top of salad.
Enjoy!BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS