- 8 ounces No Yolk medium egg noodles
- 8 slices bacon, chopped (you can substitute turkey bacon)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (I used Napa)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground fresh pepper
- Sprinkle of garlic powder, basil, parsley, oregano
- Cooked broccoli, diced up
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Cook bacon. I like to cook bacon in the oven. I preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread bacon (not overlapping) on a lined baking sheet. Usually cooks for 20 to 25 minutes.
Once bacon is cooked, remove to a plate with paper towels and add the bacon grease to a large pan. Add ½ the butter. Once melted, add the diced onions and sauté until translucent. Sprinkle a little salt, pepper and other seasonings. Then add the shredded cabbage. Cook until wilted.
Cook the no yolk egg noodles according to package. Drain and add to the onion, cabbage mixture. Chop the bacon and add to pan. Mix thoroughly. If you are adding the optional ingredients, mix in the broccoli. Top with the cheese and breadcrumbs.
In a 375 degree oven, put the pan on the middle rack and cook for 20 minutes.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS