This delicious recipe is brought to you by Two Peas & Their Pod.
Yields: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas (1 ½ cups mashed)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- ¼ cup canola, vegetable or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9"x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil, and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean. Check at 50 minutes, just to be safe.
Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooking rack. Let the bread cook in the pan 15 minutes. Remove from the pan. Let cool. Cut into slices and serve.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS