- 2- 16 ounce packages Lobster Ravioli
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter: 1 tablespoon whole, 3 tablespoons cut into cubes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Juice of half an orange (I used a blood orange)
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Melt one tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add the wine, orange juice, orange zest and thyme. Simmer the mixture until it reduces by half (approximately eight minutes).
Boil a pot of salted water for your ravioli.
Whisk the cubed cold butter into the wine reduction one at a time until the sauce is smooth and thick. This takes about four minutes. Do not allow the sauce to boil.
In the meantime, cook your ravioli until tender. When it rises to the top, it’s generally done, but read the package instructions.
Once the ravioli is ready, strain and return it to its original pot. Add the orange butter white wine sauce and gently toss to coat evenly.
Plate, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS