- 2 salmon filets (I used wild caught)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon: ½ lemon juiced, the other half sliced thin
Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, spray with cooking spray or lightly oil. Set aside.
Using a sharp knife, make about 4-5 slits in salmon. Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a small pan over medium low heat, add butter, minced garlic, paprika, onion powder cayenne pepper and parsley. Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice to mixture.
Brush salmon with spice mixture, making sure every inch is covered. Add the lemon slices to the salmon. Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness. When the thickest part of the salmon is easily flaked with a fork, the salmon is perfectly cooked.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS