- 1 pound halved or quartered brussels sprouts
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-9 ounce package sweet sausage tortellini
- Shredded pecorino Romano for sprinkling over tortellini
**4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
**You can substitute soft-type goat cheese, crumbles if you prefer the tang of that cheese.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts, grapes, onions, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer to a large rimmed baking pan. Roast until brussels sprouts are tender and grapes are juicy, stirring once or twice, 40 minutes.
Cook the tortellini according to directions. Drain the tortellini and return it to the pot. Add everything from the baking sheet, including the juices to the pot and stir well.
Garnish each portion with some pecorino Romano OR goat cheese with 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS