A light version ...
- 1 pound, (4) - 4 ounce pieces
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs (or use plain crumbs adding salt and pepper and some fresh parsley)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, whisked until foamy
- Cooking spray
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- Olive oil
Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper; using a rolling pin, pound chicken into ¼” thickness.
Rub chicken with ¼ teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Evenly divide prosciutto and cheese on one side of the chicken; fold chicken in half and press down to hold shape.
Coat the chicken: first in flour, both sides, then dip each piece into egg whites, both sides, then the bread crumb mixture. Repeat until all four pieces are coated.
In a large skillet, spray with cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Add butter and oil. When it begins to simmer (approximately 1-2 minutes), place chicken in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until nicely browned and chicken is cooked through... about 6-8 minutes.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS