- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrots, thickly-sliced on an angle
- 1 small onion, coarsely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 turkey tenderloin, about 1 pound
- 1 15-oz. can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade or apricot jelly (optional)
1) Spread the red potatoes, carrots and onions across the bottom of the slow cooker.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of the tenderloin. Lay it across the vegetables in the slow cooker.
3) Pour the broth over the tenderloin and vegetables.
4) Spoon 1/3 cup orange marmalade or apricot jelly over it.
5) Cover the slow cooker. Cook the tenderloin on high for four to five hours, or cook on high for one hour and low for six or seven hours. Insert a food thermometer into the center of the tenderloin, and make sure the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If it's not, continue cooking for 15 minutes on high or 30 minutes on low and check again.
6) Remove the tenderloin and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the meat, then arrange the slices and vegetables on a platter and serve.
Serve the turkey tenderloin and vegetables topped with a spoonful of sauce from the slow cooker.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS