It’s not chicken pie, nor shepherd’s pie…but it is good, especially on a cold night! I had all the ingredients in the house.
- 1 cup of cooked rotisserie chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ pint of Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli
- ¼ cup chopped carrots, steamed with a little maple syrup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
Sautee mushrooms, broccoli and carrots until soft. Add the chicken. Add the cream of mushroom soup. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken broth. Mix again.
Divide mixture into two ramekins. Top with mashed potatoes. Heat in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes.
To brown the potatoes a little more, put on broil for 1-2 minutes.
By Sharon Feldman
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS