- 8 ounces of sweet Italian sausage (6 links) cut small
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, white and green parts divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces of orecchiette
- 8 cups of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage and brown. Add the white part of the scallions and rosemary and cook until scallions start to wilt. Add the tomatoes and ½ cup of the boiled water. Let simmer while the pasta is cooking.
Cook the pasta, generally 11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of water and drain the pasta.
Add the pasta to the tomato mixture along with the spinach and half the scallion greens. Toss to coat the pasta and wilt the spinach. If it’s too dry, add more of the boiled water. Season with salt, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and remove from the heat.
Sprinkle the cheese over the pasta and toss well. Divide among shallow bowls and sprinkle remaining scallions greens.
By Sharon FeldmanBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS