- 4 – 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup of sugar-free apple sauce
- 2 cups drained refrigerated (bagged or jarred) sauerkraut
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds, or to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- Bunch of scallions
Whole grain mustard, for serving (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot frying pan. Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper and add the chicken to pan and sauté until browned.
Add onion and apple and cook until onions become softened. Stir in the sauerkraut and caraway seeds and add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the dill to the sauerkraut mixture.
Return the chicken to the pan and add the apple sauce. Stir until thoroughly blended.
Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
Plate this delicious dish and sprinkle chopped scallions over top.
By Sharon Feldman
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS