- 12-ounce plant-based protein
- (or use chopped meat, ground turkey or 6-8 slices cooked bacon or pancetta)
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup leaks, white part only
- 2/3 cup celery, cut into small pieces
- 3 quarts (12 cups) beef stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup of small dischi pasta
- ½ cup farfalle pasta
- (don’t use long thin pasta)
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cups of frozen peas, thawed
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 handful of Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a heated pan. Add the protein (or meat) and sauté with salt and pepper until it browns.
Remove from pan and set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil and add the onion, carrots, leaks, celery. Cook on medium until it softens.
In a separate pot, cook pasta using box directions.
Return meat to pan and add the beef stock. Toss in the kidney beans, peas and spinach. Turn heat to medium low. Add the pasta. Toss in Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix thoroughly.
By Sharon FeldmanBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS