- 2 (5 oz) chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
In a 2-quart slow cooker, stir together tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, stirring to combine.
Cover and cook until chicken is fork tender 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high or 5 – 6 hours on low. Serve sprinkled with olives, parsley and lemon zest.
I put this over mashed cauliflower, but you can use pasta or anything you like. I actually made this with five thighs, so I doubled the ingredients.
By Sharon Feldman
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS