Yields: Serves 4
- 1-1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- ¾ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- ** optional ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ** optional few leafs fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup peach preserves (or apricot) (I used sugar free) or orange sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I use French Grainy)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients except the mustard and preserves) in a large bowl and mix well. Shape mixture on a rimmed baking sheet into 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf. Bake meat 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir preserves and mustard in a small bowl to blend. Spread glaze over top of meatloaf. Return to oven; bake until thermometer inserted into center registers 165 degrees, about 20 minutes longer.
Transfer meatloaf to platter. Cut crosswise into slices and serve.
I made mashed cauliflower with garlic and herbs as a side.
By Sharon FeldmanBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS