- 1 tablespoon EACH dried parsley, dried rosemary, dried parsley and dried oregano
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots cut into ½” pieces
- ½ bag of frozen peas (or fresh)
- 1 -package sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 14-1/2 ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Small can of tomato puree
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt, pepper to taste
**Hot pepper flakes, optional
Spray crockpot with oil or butter. Add the carrots and onions. Sprinkle a little salt over them and mix. Season the chicken with all the seasonings and place on top of vegetables.
In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato paste together. Then pour mixture in and top the chicken with the mushrooms; cover. Cook on high heat for 4 hours
Add the peas and replace cover for another 20 minutes or ½ hour.
Taste the sauce. Add a little hot pepper flakes for a bit of a kick.
I served this over mashed potatoes. Sometimes I use mashed cauliflower or pearl couscous. Enjoy.
By Sharon Feldman
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS