- 1-1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 – 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely zested lemon
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving
Put rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
On a large baking pan, toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Spread it out so it’s in one layer. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Toss the shrimp with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes
Remove the baking dish from the oven and scatter the shrimp over the chickpeas. Return to oven and bake until the shrimp are pink, around 5-8 minutes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS