- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 6-8 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds red bliss potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 handful of green beans, trimmed
- Handful of thyme sprigs (or uses a combination of dried herbs)
- ** Hot pepper sauce to taste
In a large pot, combine chicken, onions, garlic, carrots and thyme (or seasonings). Season with salt and pepper. Add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Skim and discard any sum that may surface.
Simmer until the meat falls off the bone with almost no pressure from a fork. This takes approximately 1-1/2 hours. Remove the chicken to a plate. Use 2 forks to shred the meat from the bone. Add back to the pot.
Add the potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until crisp, about 10 minutes.
** I also add a sweet potato to add a little sweetness. You can also use mushrooms.
** Delish with some crusty bread on the side.
By Sharon FeldmanBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS