- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 package Brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can Rotel crushed tomatoes (or any other kind of crushed tomatoes)
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- 1 package Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms, quartered (or canned)
- 1 package small tiny potatoes, left whole
- Flour for dredging the stew meat
Spray the slow cooker with spray. I use olive oil or vegetable oil. Add the sliced onions and the potatoes.
Dredge the stew meat in the flour and put in the slow cooker over the onions and potatoes. Sprinkle the thyme over onions, potatoes and stew meat. Pour the tomato mixture on top and mix thoroughly. Add a can of beef brother and mix again. Add the mushrooms and Brussel sprouts on top.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
++ You can substitute any vegetables you like. You can use quartered Yukon potatoes or mixed frozen vegetables if you prefer.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS