- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package chicken wings (or any chicken)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup stale Italian bread or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package tiny potatoes, left whole
In a small bowl, combine meat, garlic, egg, thyme, salt and pepper.
Blend the crumbs into the mixture and slowly add ½ cup water. The mixture should be very moist but still be able to hold its shape. Shape into meatballs.
Spray the slow cooker with spray. I use olive oil or vegetable oil. Add the sliced onions and half the potatoes.
Salt and pepper the wings. Put them on top of the onions. Then add the meatball mixture. Add the rest of the potatoes. Pour the chicken soup mixed with the tomato paste on top and mix thoroughly.
Add the peppers on top. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with crusty bread.
++ You can substitute any vegetables you like. You can use quartered Yukon potatoes if you prefer.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS