- In an attempt to win over Egypt, Napoleon considered converting himself and his army to Islam, however, the French troops would not stand for abstinence from alcohol.
- When George Washington died, Napoleon ordered for 10 days of international mourning.
- The man who founded the FBI was the great-nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Napoleon won more battles than Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, and Hannibal combined.
- Jeopardy!’s Alex Trebek’s real first name is George. Alexander is his middle name.
- Alex Trebek of Jeopardy! and Pat Sajak, host of Wheel of Fortune, traded places on April Fools' Day 1997. Sajak hosted Jeopardy! and Trebek co-hosted Wheel of Fortune with Sajak's wife, Lesly.
- Jeopardy! first aired in 1964 and was hosted by Art Flemming. This version was on until 1975. It was revived in 1978 for a season, then canceled. The current Trebek version has been on since 1984.
- The footprints from the Apollo astronauts' could last up to 100 million years on the moon. Rocks erode at a rate of 0.04 inches every one million years.
- The universe contains more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1 septillion) stars. David Kornreich, an assistant professor at Ithaca College, said that number is still probably too low.
- The International Space Station (ISS) weighs 925,000 pounds and is 357 feet long (just under a football field), making it the largest man-made object in space.
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologist.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS