- Eggplants are berries.
- Lobsters' bladders are in their heads.
- A group of ferrets is called a business.
- Beauty and the Beast was the first animated film to be nominated for Best Picture. It lost to The Silence of the Lambs.
- During the winter of 1917, German and Russian soldiers in World War I briefly joined forces to fight the wolves that were stalking them in the Russian woods.
- Citizens of Switzerland can choose to disregard the government and hold national votes to create their own laws, or even overturn existing ones. It's a system called Direct Democracy.
- In Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, and Vermont, billboard advertising is banned.
- While we were dropping the ball for 2019, Ethiopia was welcoming in 2012...The main calendar they use, heavily influenced by the traditional calendar of the Coptic Orthodox Church, predates the Gregorian one used by most countries today and is seven years behind.
- Shortly before his death in 1966, Walt Disney wrote "Kurt Russell" on a piece of paper that was later found on his desk. According to Disney historian, Dave Smith, the notes were among Disney's last few written words. At the time of Disney's death, Russell was a largely unknown child actor working for the studio.
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologist.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS