- Hawaiian monk seals are known for getting eels stuck in their noses and scientists are not sure why.
- Koalas' fingerprints are so similar to humans' that an unknowing forensic scientist would not be able to tell the difference.
- Some people believe that there is a legendary demon cat that haunts the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. Allegedly, the cat appears before major tragedies and was reportedly seen by White House guards shortly before both the JFK and Lincoln assassinations.
- Is a burrito a sandwich? Well, when a Massachusetts mall let a Qdoba open there, Panera sued because they had the exclusive right to sell sandwiches, and they argued that Qdoba's burritos violated that agreement. The judge disagreed and officially ruled that a burrito is not a sandwich.
- President James A. Garfield was both multilingual and ambidextrous. He could write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other...at the same time.
- African painted wolves only allow the alpha female to breed. All pack members, related or not, help raise the puppies.
- A "kangaroo word" is a word that contains a synonym inside it such as alONE, MAscuLinE, BLOssOM, cHickEN or hoNOraBLE.
FACTS from Sean McVeigh, factologist.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS