- The British government coined the slogan, "Keep Calm and Carry On," during World War II in order to motivate citizens to stay strong.
- The color red doesn't really make bulls angry; they are color blind.
- Forest Fenn, an art dealer and author, hid a treasure chest in the Rocky Mountains worth over 1 million dollars. It still has not been found.
- In 2009, Stephen Hawking held a reception for time travelers, but did not publicize it until after. This way, only those who could time travel would be able to attend. Nobody else attended.
- During the cremation process of a 500-pound body, the corpse was so obese that it set the crematorium on fire.
- Red Solo cups are a common souvenir to bring back from the United States. The novelty comes from the cups being used in many party scenes in movies.
- There is a town in Nebraska called Monowi with a population of one. The only resident is a woman who is the mayor, bartender and librarian.
- The average American child is given $3.70 per tooth that falls out.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.
Have some facts you’d like to share? Send them in to