- Dr. Henry Heimlich first used his life-saving maneuver at the age of 96 to save another resident in his retirement home.
- The average length of a freight train in the U.S. is 2000 meters/ 1.25 miles long.
- The population of the world has doubled since JFK’s presidency.
- Yosemite Sam was created as a new nemesis for Bugs Bunny because audiences were starting to feel sorry for Elmer Fudd and how much Bugs tormented him.
- During the filming of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, the crew held an Easter egg hunt on set. Some of the eggs that weren’t found can actually be seen in the film. This is suggested as the origin of the term “easter egg” in film.
- After the Chernobyl disaster, the USSR adapted their unmanned lunar exploration robots called Lunokhod to help clear away debris in the radioactive environment.
- Orville Redenbacher paid an advertising company $13,000 in 1970 to come up with a name for his popcorn company. Their advice was to call it “Orville Redenbacher.”
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologst.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS