- In the early 20th century, Danes living under Prussian rule were banned from displaying the Danish flag. To protest this, they bred pigs with a red and white color pattern similar to their flag. The breed is now called, "Danish Protest Pig."
- In 1858, there was a brawl on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives involving 50 members. It ended when someone knocked off a man's wig and the man accidentally put it on backwards causing both sides to laugh and stop fighting.
- In Ancient Egypt, wealthy Egyptians would sleep with neck supports instead of pillows to preserve their hairstyles & keep them looking fresh.
- In 2010, the world's largest traffic jam occurred in Beijing, China. It was over 60 miles long and lasted for 10 days.
- In 1996, a man in Devon, England, spent a year hooting at owls and recording their responses unaware that it was actually one of his neighbors pretending to be an owl and hooting back.
- Actor Robert Pattinson once dealt with an obsessed fan who had been camping outside his apartment by taking her out on a dinner date and boring the life out of her. "I just complained about everything in my life and she never came back".
- In 1963, a Turkish man renovating his home made an incredible discovery. After knocking down a wall in the basement, he uncovered a mysterious tunnel. He followed the tunnel which led him to a hidden ancient underground city (Derinkuyu). The city once homed up to 20,000 people.
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologist.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS