The cause of the March 22 apartment fire at 102-00 Shore Front Parkway that destroyed everything the Wroblewski family owned, has been determined. According to the FDNY report, the cause was “careless discard of smoking materials on balcony,” meaning a cigarette or cigar was to blame. Monika Wroblewski says no one in her family smokes. The fire started outside on the balcony due to a cigarette or cigar dropped from another balcony, and the fire spread inside to the apartment. To those who smoke, please use caution when discarding your cigarettes.
Speaking of fires, there were two earlier this week. On Sunday afternoon, April 16, a fire broke out in a two-story mixed occupancy building at 8-08 Cross Bay Boulevard in Broad