- Detroit Rock City has the second largest theater district in the country.
- Detroit is the only city in the U.S. where you can actually look down (South) on Canada.
- Michigan was the first English-speaking government in the WORLD to abolish the death penalty--for all but treason.
- If stretched out, Lake Superior's shoreline would reach from Duluth to the Bahamas.
- Detroit was the first U.S. city to be issued phone numbers.
- There is enough salt beneath Detroit to meet the world’s salt use for the next 70 MILLION years.
- Since 2008, it's been against the law to "sag" your pants in Flint, Michigan.
- Michigan pays 10 cents per can for recycling, the highest rate in the country. Go figure, they also have the highest recycling rate.
- The University of Michigan was originally named "Catholepistemiad."
- Grand Haven, Michigan has "singing sand" beaches that whistle when you walk across them.
Facts from Sean McVeigh
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS