The Last Hotel

Rockaway Ol`times
Typography

The Belmont Inn was opened on Rockaway Beach Boulevard in 1927, on the southeast corner of Beach 125th Street. In 1967 it became The New Washington Hotel and the old one on Beach 124th Street became The Queen Esther. The Washington Hotel became the “LAST” of the Rockaway Hotel History and it was torn down for housing in 2006.

 

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS