FIRST ARVERNE ELEVATED BOARDWALK – 1901

Rockaway Ol`times
Typography

Erected in 1901, Arverne’s first elevated wooden boardwalk ran from Beach 74th Street on the west end to Beach 59th Street on the east end. In this view our camera is facing east at Beach 63rd Street where the bathhouses of the Waldorf Hotel can be seen. The tide is in and no one can be seen in the surf.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS