- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 sprig basil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ pound thin linguine, cooked (I use whole wheat)
Pound chicken until 1-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Dip the chicken in the beaten eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Brown chicken on all sides. Remove and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Discard excess oil from pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Sauté chopped onion and garlic until onions are