- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 ounces beer
- 4 pounds of corned beef brisket
- 1 (1 lb.) bag of baby carrots
- 1 pound small red potatoes cut into wedges
- Desired amount of cabbage
- Seasoning packet
- If you don’t have a seasoning packet use:
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 Allspice berries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Place onion wedges and garlic at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a platform for the meat so it doesn’t touch the bottom and dry out.
Place meat on top of onions and garlic.
Mix together water, beer, sugar and vinegar.
Pour mixture over meat. Sprinkle