- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 2 14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish or 9" x 13" casserole pan. Pour the uncooked elbow macaroni into the bottom of the dish and pour over the chopped tomatoes, milk, garlic powder and Italian seasoning and mix well.
2. In a separate frying pan, quickly brown the ground beef along with the onions and celery, salt and pepper, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Drain the meat juices and add the beef to the casserole dish. Mix the beef and veggies into the sauce with a wooden spoon and top the whole dish with an even layer of mozzarella cheese.
3. Place into the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Tip: If using different pasta than elbow macaroni, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Thicker pasta will require an extra 5-10 minutes in the oven.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS