- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Tomato Paste
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups dry multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Mix undrained tomatoes and tomato paste in slow cooker until blended. Stir in vegetables.
Cut meat into eight pieces; pound to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with oregano. Add to slow cooker; press into sauce with back of spoon. Cover with lid; cook on LOW 4 to 4-1/2 hours or on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Transfer meat to plate, reserving sauce in slow cooker; cover meat to keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until blended. Add to sauce; stir. Cook, covered, on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened.
Drain pasta; spoon onto serving plates. Top with meat, sauce and cheeses.
**Top each serving with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley, if desired.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS