- 1 cup of raw rice (regular white or brown rice)
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 package of mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 bundle of spinach, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole and place your raw rice evenly on it. Slice the chicken and place it over the rice.
- Add the chopped onion. If you're going to use the mushrooms and the spinach, now it's the time to add them too. It'll add some extra vitamins to the mixture! If you're not a fan of this combination, try other veggies instead. Just remember that when baking tomato or zucchini, you have to be careful because they add more liquids to the mix.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, the dry soup mix and the 2 cups of water. Season to taste and pour the mixture over the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for 1 hour. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.