Look for ground turkey rather than ground turkey breast – the ground turkey has a bit more fat and flavor.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded coleslaw mix
- ½ cup chopped granny smith apple, cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small cucumber, cut into ¼” thick slices
- 8 (1-1/4 0z) whole-wheat slider buns, toasted
Preheat broiler with oven rack in upper middle position.
Combine the first four ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide and shape turkey mixture into eight (2”) patties. Arrange patties on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 minutes each side or until done.
Combine coleslaw, apple, mayonnaise, and juice in a bowl. Divide cucumber slices over bottom halves of buns. Top evenly with turkey burgers, coleslaw mixture, and top halves of buns.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS