- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 savoy cabbage (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 1 pound red potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 cups vegetable broth (reduced-sodium)
- 3 kielbasa (or other fully- cooked smoked sausages, thinly sliced diagonally)
- Dijon mustard (for serving)
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft but not crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
Put the diced onions in the pan and cook for 5 – 20 minutes until softened. Add the sausage until browned. Add the cabbage, potatoes and mustard seeds; stir well. Add the broth and 1 cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Return bacon and mix thoroughly.
Serve with mustard.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS