We hope everyone had a great July 4th. There were no games scheduled for Sunday due to the holiday. The Chuggernauts and No-Shows did play though, making up their matchup that got postponed from Week 1. The No-Shows brought the gloves and kept the Chuggers bats quiet as they won by scores of 6-1 and 5-2. No-Shows are now in the mix of the playoff hunt as the Chuggers hopes are pretty much dead. This is what we have coming up this weekend. On Sunday, July 9:
9:30 a.m. Field 1, Kings vs Chuggernauts
- Chuggernauts lost their make-up games and now are at the bottom of the West. New captain Mike Brew said the rest of the year they’ll just have fun and look to make the team better next year. Kings are only one game out of first and looking to stay there with a big matchup coming in a few weeks. PREDICTION: Kings Sweep.
9:30 a.m. Field 2, Mudsharks vs No-Shows
- After making up their games from Week 1, the No-Shows are only one game behind the Mudsharks for that final playoff spot. The injury train hit the Sharks last week and they have four losses for the first time in who knows how long. This matchup will probably determine that final playoff spot in the West. PREDICTION: Split.
9:30 a.m. Field 3, Orioles vs Misfits
- The streak ended and started right back up. Orioles are on a two-game losing streak as the Misfits are sitting pretty in 2nd place in the East Division. The O’s are pretty much done if they get swept this week but they don't care, they just can’t wait for next weekend. Under new management and new jerseys, the Misfits are rolling. PREDICTION: Misfits Sweep.
11:30 a.m. Field 1, Morning Wood vs Member Berries
- The Member Berries started their inaugural season with two wins but haven't won since. Morning Wood are back in 1st place and looking to stay there and lock up that top spot in the East. Member Berries are in the tough West Division and will find themselves in the bottom if they can’t find a win. PREDICTION: Morning Wood Sweep.
11:30 a.m. Field 2, The Army vs Moneyballs ***GAME OF THE WEEK***
- Well this matchup was circled since the schedule came out. If it wasn't for the Moneyballs not wanting to add one more person to their team, there probably wouldn't be an Army. Instead a few Moneyballs left and the rest is history. Moneyballs are looking to stay undefeated as The Army is trying to keep pace in a tight East Division. PREDICTION: Split.
11:30 a.m. Field 3, Old Head vs Knights of Columbus
- An East Division matchup, with Old Head desperately needing to win to keep their season alive, if they wanna make the playoffs. Knights of Columbus started slow but have won four straight games and are looking to crack the top three spots in the division. Old Head is rumored to have a few surprises show up to play but not sure if it will help much. PREDICTION: Knights of Columbus Sweep.
1. Morning Wood 6-2
2. Misfits 4-2
3. The Army 3-2-1
4. Knights of Columbus 4-4
5. Old Head 1-5
6. Orioles 1-7
1. Moneyballs 8-0
2. Kings 5-1
3. Mudsharks 4-4
4. No-Shows 3-5
5. Member Berries 2-5-1
6. Chuggernauts 2-6
For up to date News, Schedules and Standings please visit www.leaguelineup.com/JBSL. Also check us out on Soundcloud by searching “J.B.S.L. Radio.”BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS