Mother nature played nice and held off the rain as we had some great games played this past weekend. At 9:30 a.m. on Field 1 the Mudsharks locked up a playoff spot as they swept the shorthanded Misfits, 4-0 and 11-4. With the two losses, the Misfits dropped from 2nd down to 4th. Field 2 had Morning Wood beat up on the Orioles, 13-1 and 11-3. A big bet was on the line on Field 3 and Pete Torres cannot play the rest of the year as Old Head lost both to The Army, 6-5 and 15-5.
Our “Game of the Week” was a battle and a half as both games went to extra innings. The Kings won 9-8 and then the Moneyballs won 3-2. The Knights of Columbus kept their hot streak going as they swept the Chuggernauts. Then the Member Berries swept the No-Shows, 11-6 and 8-2. The three teams in the West are set for the playoffs as the Moneyballs, Kings and Mudsharks clinched. As for the East, Morning Wood, KOC, The Army and Misfits are battling for the top three spots. With only two weeks left, this is what we have on the schedule for this Sunday, July 30.
9:30 a.m. Field 1, Orioles vs Chuggernauts
- 1-13 vs 2-12, the battle of last place. This matchup is for bragging rights on who isn't the worst team in the league. PREDICTION: Split.
9:30 a.m. Field 2, Morning Wood vs Kings
- The Kings clinched a spot in the postseason and Morning Wood is trying to clinch 1st place. Kings still have a shot at 1st place as well. The trash talking might be at an all-time high with this matchup as we should see two good games. PREDICTION: Morning Wood Sweep.
9:30 a.m. Field 3, Member Berries vs Mudsharks
- Mudsharks are hot as they won their last six games. Member Berries are out of the playoffs but are fighting to finish over .500 in their first season in the league. The Sharks still have a shot at 1st place but need some help. PREDICTION: Mudsharks Sweep.
11:30 a.m. Field 1, Misfits vs Moneyballs
- The Misfits were in 1st last week and now find themselves in 4th and out of the playoffs. They need to win to keep alive in the East. Moneyballs can lock up first with a sweep. PREDICTION: Moneyballs Sweep.
11:30 a.m. Field 2, Old Head vs No-Shows
- For the first time in the last three years both of these teams won’t be in the postseason. We should see these teams finish strong and be back in the hunt next season. PREDICTION: Split.
11:30 a.m. Field 3, The Army vs Knights of Columbus ***Game of the Week***
- This is a big East Division matchup as both teams are fighting to clinch a spot in the playoffs. The Knights are in 2nd and The Army in 3rd with the Misfits right behind them. Both teams are riding win streaks and both games will probably come down to the last inning. PREDICTION: Split.
1. Morning Wood 11-3
2. KOC 9-5
3. The Army 7-4-1
4. Misfits 6-6
5. Old Head 3-9
6. Orioles 1-13
1. Moneyballs 13-1
2. Kings 9-3
3. Mudsharks 10-4
4. Member Berries 5-8-1
5. No-Shows 3-11
6. Chuggernauts 2-12
For up to date News, Schedules and Standings, visit www.leaguelineup.com/JBSL and check us out on Instagram @jamaicabaysoftballleague or on Soundcloud by searching “J.B.S.L. Radio.”BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS