The Kuloff Hotel & Casino Opens In 1901
Written by Emil R. Lucev, Sr. & his daughter Katie Lucev
The Kuloff Hotel & Casino was opened by the Caffrey Family in 1901, on the shore of Far Rockaway Bay. It was later known as Berry’s Far Rockaway Arms, then The Traymore. In following years it became The Chateau Thierry, and finally a fire wreck in the 1940’s. This card was noted as 1910, but it was mailed in 1912. But by that time Far Rockaway Bay was no more. Sand had been packed up against the bulkhead by the ocean.