Facts You Probably don’t Need
- More than half of all the mushrooms consumed in the United States are grown in a small town in Pennsylvania.
- Sheep farming accounts for 80% of all agriculture in Wales.
- From 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., Netflix accounts for 33% of all bandwidth in North America.
- The first recorded use of the word ‘dystopia’ was when John Stuart Mill coined it to describe British governance of Ireland.
- The word “skunk” is derived from a word that literally means pee fox.
- Due to relativity, the core of the earth is 2.5 years younger than the crust.
- Jonah Hill had to be hospitalized while filming The Wolf Of Wall Street because he snorted too much fake cocaine.
- Danny DeVito’s height is the result of Fairbank’s Disease, a rare genetic disorder that affects bone growth.
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologist.