Facts You Probably don’t Need
- The Cleveland Browns win over Carolina marks the first time since 2004 that the Browns have won their season opener and their first on the road since 1994.
- Tom Brady is now 7-0 against the Cowboys all-time.
- Tua Tagovailoa is 4-0 against Bill Belichick. The only other QB to do this is John Elway.
- Heroin derives its name from “heroic.” It was originally marketed as a non-addictive wonder cure to morphine addiction.
- In 585 BC, a solar eclipse occurred in the middle of a battle between the Lydians and the Medes. They promptly ceased fighting and signed a peace treaty.
- Ginevra de Benci, in Washington DC, is the only Leonardo da Vinci painting located in the Western Hemisphere.
- The first public Catholic Mass was not said in Massachusetts until 1788.
- You could fit 1.3 million Earths inside the Sun.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.