- 1 package Boars Head Uncured Chicken Sausage, cut into rounds or quartered
- (or any type of sausage you like)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into medium size, diced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1-1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of Orecchiette (or use any pasta you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large pan. Add the cut sausages and brown. Add the butter. Mix the butter and sausages to incorporate. Add the onions. Sautee until onions start to soften. Add the smoked paprika. Mix through. Add some ground pepper, then add the cabbage. Mix thoroughly and cover.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette and cook 9-11 minutes.
Ladle some of the starchy water (3-4 ladles) to the cabbage mixture. Drain the pasta and add the sausage, cabbage mixture and toss to incorporate.
By Sharon FeldmanBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS